Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Night before the 4th Treatment

Last weekend most of my side effects went away and I've felt great since then. I suspect tomorrow will be a long day since I have to wait 90 minutes between my doctor's appointment and my infusion. Oh well, it's best to expect it to be a long day and just relax through it.

I bought a book by Bernie Siegel called How to Live betwen Office Visits. He writes about cancer patients who give themselves permission to start living the life they want to live after they get diagnosed. As he asks, why do you have to get cancer to live the life you want to live?

By tomorrow night, I hope to be 1/3 of the way through my treatments. I know complications can interfere with the schedule and get treatments postponed but I would really like to be done by the middle of May. Of course this supposes a successful outcome to the treatments - and that's what I choose to do.

I'm going to rate my mood a 10 out of 10.

No comments: