Friday, January 25, 2008

The 4th Treatment

I had my 4th treatment last Friday.

I was scheduled for bloodwork at 9:30, two doctor's appointments at 10:30 and 11:00 and then the infusion at 1:00.

My absolute neuts dropped again. Now I'm down to .32. The doctor said that it would be OK for me to proceed with my infusion. When I got to the infusion room, they said that the orders said that I was not to get the insusion unless the levels were above .50. Therefore, they refused to fill the order. It took an hour to straigten out the mess. In the meantime, I convinced them to get me started with an IV and fluids so we moved along once the orders were corrected.



Once we got going, the schedule was as follows:

Adriamycin - 3:10-3:15

Vinblastine - 3:16-3:20

Bleomycin - 3:20 - 3:30

Dacarbazine - 3:35-4:35

After the infusion, I felt great for the rest of the day and good the next day. As usual the next day I was tired and spent a lot of the day resting in bed. I've felt some aches and pains (especially in my arms) but nothing too bad. I've been trying to avoid crowds and sick people but everyone seems to be sick right now.

My mood is a 9 out of 10.

1 comment:

Duane said...

Hey Jamie,

I just found your site via "Adventures in ABVD." Saying "hi" from a fellow HD survivor.

Wishing you health and strength and hoping 2008 is the best year yet!

Duane
http://journalofaprizefighter.blogspot.com