Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Night before the 3rd Treatment

For scheduling purposes, it was decided to move my appointments to Fridays instead of Thursdays. I'm fine with that because it will make it easier to work but I will miss the nurses I've been treated by so far.

I had a pulmonary function test on Wednesday. When compared to the test I had before starting chemotherapy, it showed a reduction in my FEV1 that put it out of the normal range. The FEV1 is the amount of air you can blow out of your lungs in 1 second. I hope it doesn't interfere with my treatment schedule.

I spoke to my dentist today although I know I can't have any dentistry done (including teeth cleaning) until I'm done being treated. He too is being treated for Hodgkin's. He was diagnosed with stage 3 Hodgkin's and now appears to be cancer free after 8 treatments. He has 4 more treatments to go to finish the regimen. His first treatment was difficult and he ended up in the hospital for a day and a half. He also needed to give himself injections because some of his blood counts were low. After the first treatment, things got better for him and now his experience sounds like it is similar to what I have experienced. It is very hopeful to hear that somebody who was diagnosed with stage 3 Hodgkin's is getting clean PET scans already.

I've started thinking more and more about my business. I would like to spend more time on sales but it is hard to focus while health issues have your attention.

I'm scheduled to have my blood drawn in 7 and a half hours so I should probably head to bed.

My mood is another 10 out of 10 tonight. Cross your fingeers that it stays that way after tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jon said...

If they say your PFT is a problem, then they will probably just disco your Bleomycin and not push back treatments alltogether. This happened for me around the 8th treatment.